By accessing materials on WHFF.org, you:
- Acknowledge that you understand that this site is owned and operated by WHFFA and that it contains material for which WHFFA owns the copyright or has permission to use.
- Are authorized to download material from this site for your personal, non-commercial use only as long as you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
- May not modify, copy, reproduce, publish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute any material from this site, including any programming code and software, in any manner, without the express written permission of WHFFA.
- May not assign or transfer any rights to such material to anyone else.
- Are solely responsible for all access to the site originating with your identification and any password needed for site access.
- Agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading any material.
License to WHFFA
If you post a message by email to any WHFFA list server, online community, or other WHFFA site permitting such messages, or if you engage in any other form of communication through this service, you grant WHFFA a nonexclusive, royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, publish, distribute, adapt, transmit, or publicly display any such communications.
THE MATERIALS ON WHFF.org AND ITS SUBSIDIARY SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WHFFA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WHFFA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTION PERFORMED ON THIS WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, INCLUDING LIST SERVERS, ONLINE COMMUNITY SOFTWARE, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WHFFA may provide links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by others. WHFFA has no control or responsibility in any respect for any information, products or services on these third-party sites.
WHFFA DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF, THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE OR IN THIRD-PARTY SITES IN TERMS OF THE CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. YOU ASSUME THE RISK IN USING THIS MATERIAL AND THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION.
WHFFA List Servers and Online Communities
WHFFA does not control the messages, information, or files posted to WHFFA list servers or online communities. As a condition of use of these tools and whff.org you may not:
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including, without limitation, any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law.
- Post or transmit any information, software, or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of the privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- Post or transmit any information, software, or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Post, transmit, or in any way exploit information, software, or other material for commercial purposes, political campaigns or that contains advertising.
You understand that WHFFA has no obligation to monitor these tools, but reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any legal, regulatory, or governmental requests, or to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials that, in whole or part, WHFFA deems objectionable, unrelated to its mission, or in violation of these terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
AS A CONDITION OF USE OF THE LIST SERVERS OR ONLINE COMMUNITIES, YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER WHFFA, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY SUBSIDIARIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE OR POSTING OF ANY MATERIAL ON THE WHFFA SITE BY WHFFA OR ANY WHFFA USER.
Notification Regarding Alleged Copyright Infringement
If you note information on any WHFFA website, listserve, or online community that may constitute copyright infringement, you can notify WHFFA to investigate it. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) [DMCA}, notification of claimed copyright infringements should be sent to:
White House Fellows Foundation and Association
1750 Pennsylvania Avenue
NW Suite 300
Washington, D.C. 20006
Under the DMCA, to be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed and identification of the work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit WHFFA to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to allow WHFFA to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or applicable law; A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner or an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
WHFFA reserves the right to terminate WHFF.org or any of its services at any time without notice. Additionally, WHFFA may terminate your right to access WHFF.org for violation of any of these terms of service by you at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you will no longer be authorized to access the terminated services.