- Register Now for the WHF Regional Meeting in AprilYou may now register to join us for the next in our series of White House Fellow Regional Conferences at the Presidential Libraries. We will meet for dinner on the evening of April 6, 2017 at the Nixon Library, where our keynote speaker will be Ben Stein. The following day, April 7, 2017, we will hold a day-long conference examining various aspects of the Nixon Presidency, including foreign policy, domestic policy, and Watergate. Our luncheon speaker will be Frank Luntz, and as part of the conference we will also receive a private tour of the library.To register on-line: click here.To register by mail: simply click here and print out a paper registration. Instructions for mailing in the form, along with your payment, are included on the form itself.The choice of whether to register on-line, or by mail, is entirely yours – whichever is easiest for you. As you register, here are a few things to bear in mind:
posted: December 4, 2016
- Best Available Rate: We are offering an “early bird” registration rate of $295 to attend the conference. To get this “early bird” rate simply register by February 15, 2017. This covers all costs associated with the receptions, meals, materials, and venues for both the dinner on Thursday evening, as well as the conference all-day on Friday. You will need to make your own travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prices go up the longer you wait. If you register by February 15, 2017 your “early bird” registration rate will be $295 per person. Regular Registration – between February 16 and March 20 – will be $345. If you wait until after March 21 to register your registration will be $425. The earlier we know how many people will be attending the conference the better we can plan the number of registration materials we need to prepare, provide accurate counts to the caterer, plan the required transportation, etc. “Early” registrations help us keep our costs down. “Late” registrations drive our costs up. We appreciate you registering as early as possible.
- Nearest Airport: John Wayne Airport in Orange County (identifier: SNA) is 17 miles from the Nixon Library. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is 41 miles from the library.
- Discounted Hotel RateWe have reserved a block of rooms at the Island Hotel in Newport Beach at a discounted rate for our conference attendees. To make a reservation call: 949-759-0808 and give them the discount code: White House Fellows. The hotel will extend this reduced rate to us until March 7, 2017. So please make your hotel reservations prior to that date. You may click on this link to reserve a room.
- Transportation from the Hotel to the Library: We have made arrangements for coach bus transportation from the Island Hotel to and from the Nixon Library for all conference events. It is about a 35 minute drive each way. If you wish to ride the bus there will be an additional registration cost. You may, of course, drive yourself if you prefer. If you drive yourself you will not be charged the bus registration fee.
- Dinner on Friday evening: Following the conference we will have dinner reservations confirmed at several restaurants in the “Fashion Island” complex in Newport Beach, which is adjacent to the Island Hotel. We will circulate a sign-up list a few weeks before the conference. Our intent, on Friday evening, will be to provide WHFs and their guests a chance to engage in a “one-table” dinner conversation – ideally in groups of 8 to 10 people. More to follow on the restaurants as we get closer to the conference date.
- Guests: You are welcome to bring guests, but each guest must be registered and each guest must pay to attend the conference. The instructions for registering guests are included on the events and payments portion of our website, and on the paper registration form.
- Agenda: To see the current conference agenda, click here.
SUBMIT AN ARTICLE Do you have news, a story, or opinion to share? Consider submitting a story article for publication on the WHFFA website. Email email@example.com