- Register for the WHF Regional Conference at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
You may now register to join us for the White House Fellow Regional Conference at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum in Grand Rapids, Michigan on April 12-13, 2018. Our conference will begin on the evening of April 12, 2018 when we meet for a reception and dinner in the Gerald R. Ford Ballroom of the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, where our keynote speaker will be former Treasury Secretary Paul O’Neill. The following day, April 13, 2018, we will hold a day-long conference at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum examining various aspects of the Ford Presidency. One of our featured speakers will be former HUD Secretary Carla Hills. As part of the conference we will receive a private tour of the Presidential Museum.
To register on-line: Go to the registration page, click here. If you have any trouble logging in give me a call (main: 202-360-0294 or cell: 575-491-0415), or send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will get your log-in sorted out. To go directly to
To register by mail: simply click here and print out a paper registration. Instructions for mailing in the form, along with your payment, are included on the form itself.
The choice of whether to register on-line, or by mail, is entirely yours – whichever is easiest for you. As you register, here are a few things to bear in mind:
posted: December 12, 2017
- Best Available Rate: We are offering an “early bird” registration rate of $295 to attend the conference. To get this “early bird” rate simply register by February 15, 2018. This covers all costs associated with the receptions, meals, materials, and venues for both the dinner on Thursday evening, as well as the conference all-day on Friday. You will need to make your own travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prices go up the longer you wait. If you register by February 15, 2018 your “early bird” registration rate will be $295 per person. Regular Registration – between February 16 and March 20 – will be $395. If you wait until after March 21 to register your registration will be $495. The earlier we know how many people will be attending the conference the better we can plan the number of registration materials we need to prepare, provide accurate counts to the caterer, plan the required transportation, etc. “Early” registrations help us keep our costs down. “Late” registrations drive our costs up. We appreciate you registering as early as possible.
- Nearest Airport: The Gerald R. Ford International Airport in Grand Rapids (Identifier: GRR) is 15 miles from the Museum. American Airlines has many daily flights into Grand Rapids.
- Discounted Hotel Rates: We have reserved blocks of rooms at reduced rates at three hotels in Grand Rapids: The Amway Grand Plaza, the JW Marriott, and the Holiday Inn. To see the instructions to make a reservation at one of the hotels, click here.
- Transportation from the Hotels to the Museum: All three hotels listed above are walking distance to the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum. The JW Marriott and the Amway Grand Plaza are across the river from the Museum (about a 10 minute walk). The Holiday Inn is literally across the street from the Museum (about a 4 minute walk).
- Guests: You are welcome to bring guests, but each guest must be registered and each guest must pay to attend the conference. The instructions for registering guests are included on the events and payments portion of our website, and on the paper registration form.
- Agenda: To see the current conference agenda, click here.
- Optional Trip to the Ford Presidential Library in Ann Arbor on April 14, 2018: As you may know, the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum and Library are located in different cities, 135 miles apart. The Museum (which contains all of the exhibits and physical artifacts from the Ford Presidency) is located in Grand Rapids, MI. The Library (which contains the archives of the Ford Presidency) is located in Ann Arbor, MI. Our conference will be held at the Museum in Grand Rapids. That said, the Director of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum Library has offered to open the Library on Saturday afternoon (April 14, 2018) if some of our conferees want to make the journey to Ann Arbor. Please note: The Library contains the Ford Presidential archives and it is a research facility (i.e. there are no exhibits to see in Ann Arbor). All the cool “stuff” is on display in Grand Rapids. That said, if some WHFs would like to drive the 135 miles to Ann Arbor on Saturday morning, April 14, 2018, the Director would be willing to open the archives for those WHFs who are interested. There would be no registration cost associated with visiting the Library in Ann Arbor. If enough people express interest, we will ask the Director to open the Library on Saturday afternoon, April 14, 2018.
SUBMIT AN ARTICLE Do you have news, a story, or opinion to share? Consider submitting a story article for publication on the WHFFA website. Email email@example.com