- 2017 Working-Group Meetings, October 25, 2017
On the day prior to this year’s Annual Leadership Conference — October 25, 2017 — three groups of WHFs will be meeting to examine and discuss various topics, including:
If you would like to join your “fellow Fellows” to participate in one of these working-group meetings you are welcome to do so. Here’s all you need to do:
- “Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems” — Chaired by Cara LaPointe and Peter Levin
- “National Governance: Issues and Options for American Business Leaders” — Chaired by Tom Veblen, Susan Magee, John Mumford, and Carlos Del Toro
- “Social Determinants of Health” — Chaired by Scott Berns, Kimberlee Cornett, and Patrick Conway
Venue: The venue for these working-group meetings will be the Army & Navy Club at 901 17th Street NW, Washington DC 20006.Times: The meeting times will be from 11:00am to 5:00pm; with the exception of the working-group focused on business and national governance, which will convene earlier, beginning at 9:00am.Lunch: All of the meetings will include a working lunch.Important Note: These working-group meetings are being organized and run by individual WHF alumni. The work conducted as part of these working-group meetings does not carry any endorsement by, or association with, the White House, the White House Fellows Program, the White House Fellows Foundation and Association, or the President’s Commission on White House Fellowships. These are independent meetings of WHFs working together, as individuals, on issues of interest to them. These working-group meetings are being conducted separately from the WHFFA Annual Leadership Conference. We have scheduled these meetings so that interested WHFs can capitalize on their travel to Washington DC to attend the annual meeting to also meet with their “fellow Fellows” to discuss these issue-areas. In future years, if you would like to organize a meeting on a particular topic you are welcome to do so.posted: July 29, 2017
- Visit Events and Payments and click 2017 Working-Group Meetings. There you will be able to register for the working-group meeting of your choice. There is a modest fee associated with attending (which covers the cost of the room rental, lunch, meeting materials, plus coffee, tea, and soft drinks throughout the day). If you would prefer to register by mail instead, contact David Moore.
- Once you have registered, your working-group leader will be contacting you to discuss the meeting agenda, read-aheads, and planned activities to be held that day.
SUBMIT AN ARTICLE Do you have news, a story, or opinion to share? Consider submitting a story article for publication on the WHFFA website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org